Poppy

Poppy

Tuesday 6 March 2007

This

CHAPTER 5 - Charity Begins At Home
God, I hate hangovers. You’d think at my age I’d know better but do you ever learn? Last night I went to this do and bumped into Pete Doherty and he’s just moaning – and boy does he know how to moan. He wouldn’t leave me alone. “John, John, Listen. Come here. I’ve got this idea”. I knew he was only bugging me cos Kate was staying at ours for a few days, but you know. I took Pete down to Havana where I used to go in the old days and then Richey turned up and said he’d give us a lift. Pete was cool. Between me and you, Kate needs a good meal. Anyway, there was a party going down and the 3am girls were there even thought it was only about 10pm and then Meg…
You know that expression “Get a life”? Get a life. What does it mean? Get a life. How can I get a life when I spend all my time getting a life? It’s Fortune Cookie bullshit, I know. The sort of idiot smart arse-isms people say to avoid saying anything. I’m going to write a book about procrastination, but can’t get round to it. I’ve got a life getting a life. Things like that.

No comments: